Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#kinderblog Blogging Challenge!

Okay, folks, based on the responses from Twitter, it seems there are at least a few of us who are up for a kinderchat blogging challenge. Yay! Confession: the origin of this idea may have been a little self-serving, because I really really want to write more this summer, and isn't it always easier to stay motivated with an exercise buddy or two or three or four? Furthermore, let's make no mistake here: writing IS an exercise. The more you do it, the easier it is. Like our students, we become better writers by writing. So, let's write!

I've been wrestling a little, trying to come up with a brilliant format for this whole thing.  It's easy to fall down the rabbit hole of creating a badge for our blogs! And linking to one another! And are blog rings still a thing? How do we make one? And then (thank goodness) my summer brain spoke up and said "Dude. It's summer. Keep it simple." (My summer brain is somehow slow and wise at the same time.) I also want this to be accessible for people who are new to blogging (maybe this will even inspire some of you to START blogging?!..)  So, simple it is.  Here's the scoop:

  • The challenge will last for 6 weeks, beginning this week. 
  • Every Wednesday, I will post a new question or topic. I'll probably tweet it, too, so make sure you are following me (@happycampergirl) as well as the kinderchat account (@kinderchat123).
  • Ideally, we will all do all the questions, but if you miss a week, or a topic doesn't inspire you, or you want to join partway along, no worries. If you join late, you can start at the first question, or just jump into the middle. (See? Simple.)
  • When your post is ready, tweet the link and tell us! Wait, we should have a hashtag...  
  • When your post is ready, tweet the link and tell us, using the #kinderblog hashtag.
  • When you read someone else's post, COMMENT on it. Seriously, getting a comment on a blog is like getting a gold star on a math test. 
So, if you're in, let me know in the comments. Include the link to your blog, and I will be sure to add you  to the blogroll on this page. (That list over there to the right? That's the blogroll.) If you have topic suggestions, add those to your comment, too. Ideally, our topics will be reflective and thought-provoking, with a balance of fun and serious.

Come on, blog with us! All the cool kids are doing it!

xo
-Amy

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I would love to join the challenge!
    http://growingeverdayfrommystudents.blogspot.com/
    Looking forward to it!

    Thanks!
    Erin
    @erocklewitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo in! I would LOVE to do this with everyone!
    Thanks,
    Jenea
    www.seedsofnoledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in too. Perhaps this is e encouragement I need to move beyond one posting!

    http://jonraj.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally In! Love chatting it up with other Kinder PEEPS!
    Christina

    https://gblog.garlandisd.net/users/cmcarrio/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in!
    Aaron
    http://unmeasurableoutcomes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in too!
    I've completed one challenge this summer, and am rolling with a second, why not a third!
    http://askmsdorothy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I'm in
    Www.thelearningjourney.org
    Jay

    ReplyDelete